Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
71 to 74 humpsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 71 to 74 humpsters

71 to 74 humpsters

how about it anyone else running humpsters out ther,what kind of mods, what kind of driveing style are you guys or gals into.
    Ernest Littlewolf Hotchkiss

Y'know.. I don't think I've ever heard the term "Humpster" before..
    I'm assuming this is in reference to the "Group 9" ('71 - '74) Javelins?

Mine's a 1973.
    Diamond Blue Metallic
    Pierre Cardin Interior Package.
    Auto trans
    360 CID
    .30 overbored.
    Planed Heads
    9.5 to 1 Comp.
    Hooker Headers
    Factory Iron 4 barrell intake (From a 401 Ambassador)
    Holley 4160 model carb.

For the Wheels & tires, I went for the Functional & durable over the fashionable and fancy.
    7" & 10" wide chrome eight spoke steel wheels (I liked the look, they're cheap & indestructable)
    205/70HR15 Eagles in front & 255/60HR15 Eagles out back.

Last time I had her out.. SCARY fast.

And used up a full tank o' gas in 12 miles.
    Turned out the carb float was stuck.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Nice ride foxtrot!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

woo 72 javelin...factory. well for now. I do have new 2 1/2 pipes with dual chamber flow masters, and a set of MSD 8.5mm Black Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires. thats about it. within the next few days an edelbrock performer 750cfm carb, performer intake manifold, and maybe a MSD Blaster Ignition. gotta love tax time.

Thanks, Jeeps..

Truth told, she's far from Mint.
    But she's in better condition than MOST 30 year old cars.

Plus as long as she's been in storage, there's bound to be more than a few problems as a result.

Financial difficulties and.. er... Family Politics have conspired to KEEP the car in that storage shed.

But I still intend to get that machine up, running & on the street eventually.
    Even if I'm sold by that time that I have to install a rack for my walker & a glass for my false teeth

<------------
    By the way, the AMX I uploaded for my avatar is NOT mine, just a pic I had of one similar to mine..

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

Humpster?

I too, had not heard them referred to as "Humpsters".

Hey. Foxtrot X-Ray - 2.95-50s will fit under the rear fenders with no rubs (assuming the wheel isn't offset too much).
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Humpsters

.....we always called them Lumpys =D>

Mine's a 71, +.030" 360, forged pistons, General Kinetics cam, Torker, 3310 Holley, headers, duels, GP-19 style Mallory dist, T-10, 3.91, Powerlock Twin Grip.
    Originally a Green/Green 360 4spd Go-pac car, now T/A red/Black leather, no T-stripe. Just under 100K miles (like 98K, I think), on 15x7 Ralley's. I've got Machine wheels to put on it, but no center caps.

I ran it for a while with an factory R4B/Holley 3bbl. Even set up an Offy 2x4, with Holley 600's, but never ended up swapping it on.

I've been having more fun with Jeeps than AMC's for the last 10 years, or so, so the poor Humpster has been parked.

Losing the storage soon, so it's finally gonna come home

I'm thinking of doing the Trans-Am repli-racer thing (external/engine only, keeping the leather interior).
    These cars just look too good in race trim, R/W/B, side exhaust, mini-lites, and a X-ram on a 401 to not think about doing it
    MJ on Q's & 37" Boggers, 98' XJ daily driver, 71' Javelin/AMX 360/4spd, old school 86-88' GSXR's & her ZJ

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689