Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 71 to 74 humpsters

88 Jeep
    360/727
    Project/moneypit

727 trans speedo cable

Anybody know if there's an angled trans reciever on the TF 727 for the speedo cable, put headers on my 72 Jav and the drivers side collector dumps right in line with the speedo cable trans attachment. A few said to just cut the cable, yeah ,right. Any suggestions?
    AMXChris

My 74 basketcase Humpster was destined to be parted out when I saved it. I drove all the way to Connecticut to pick it up too. No, I'm not too bright.

It came disassembled with no engine and no tranny but most everything else was there and in good enough shape. Oh, and the roof had been replaced with the vinyl "T" style roof from a 72ish(?).

Originally it was a 360 2bbl, TF727 car. I was looking for an unwanted car, because my plans include alot of cutting and I wouldn't want to tear up a perfectly resorable car.

I'm gonna build it "road coarse" style. Tighten up the frame with tubes, lower it and put big tires all around. I'm gonna have to cut away some of them humps for that.

Probably going to go with an aftermarket T5 (G-Force has me drooling) and 9" with a Detroit True-Trac prefferably. The car is a one wheel wonder currently.

I've got a 69' 390 and a 77 360 that I can build for it, but I'm being patient while holding out hope that I find a deal on a 401 or my personal fist choice: a 70' 360 that I will either turbo or charge. That would be perfect for steeting and bringing to track.

Anyway, just plans now as I collect parts and info.

B.
    EZB

75' CJ5 (360, T-18 and plenty beat)
    74' JavAMX (basket case, waiting for garage space)

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazybee
    My 74 basketcase Humpster was destined to be parted out when I saved it. I drove all the way to Connecticut to pick it up too. No, I'm not too bright.

B.
    First off let me welcome you to the board

Second I could have saved you a Trip, I Live in CT and would have gladly taken it and put it in my garage

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

The Old Javeloon

I have a 72 Jav and it's better than average I got 3rd in my category at the World of Wheels Classic car show but still needs work.

The Motor has had a little help.
    401 + .30
    Ross Forged Pistons 9.4 to 1
    800 Edelbock AVS
    Torquer intake
    comp cams 274h
    Harland sharp bolt on rollers (nice piece)
    Ford Big cap Electronic distributor (recurved)
    Hooker Headers
    Bigger Carter fuel pimp

The tranny is built up and has a modified torque.
    727 W a shift kit.
    The torque is too small, it grabs about 2400 and W the cam I need to stall about 3200.

Legs are too long 3:15's and will be changed next year.

This years goal wa to get the new 401 and 727 in and running fairly well. Next year it geta a ford 9" and a new torq and we go to the track.

I'll have to see if I can post a pic somehow.

My 74 AMX is a mildly customized street/strip car {well ..... more street than strip}I do like to drag race it occasionally.It has 72 tail lights,custom grille,painted rear bumper,3rd brake light in the spoiler.'70 390 block,'72 401 crank, rods and pistons,ported 291-c heads with stainless 2.08/1.74 valves,roller rockers,R4B intake with 750 edelbrock carb.Mopar chrome box ECU ignition,Mopar 8 3/4 with 3.23 gears and sure grip,rear sway bar,hedman headers with 3"exhaust.727 trans with 2500 stall, full manual valve body.custom cross member with custom 8 QT. oil pan with crank scrapers and windage screen.
    I like the rear gears they help to acheive about 18MPG when I take it easy,1.92 60ft times at the track. the car drives great corners flat and has won at the dragstrip 1/8 mile 8.50@83mph not crazy fast but fun! and it was all built by me at home in my shop! engine, trans., rearend, body work, Paint,and interior!
    gotta love those humpsters!-----Lonnie

Haven't visited this board for a long while.. Thanks for the compliments from oh, so many years ago.

Got good news & bad news.
    Good news is, I bought a '99 Cherokee Sport for a daily driver this fall to replace my failing Mazda B4000 pickup.

Bad news is I've got a tentative offer of $5K - $7K on the ol' Javelin.
    I'm giving it some very careful consideration.
    Might just be the best thing for the car and my family.
    "Names in the New Order were Totem Signs, no longer mere markers for a face. Markers were for Tombstones"