Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

401 swap
Bulltear Ad

Thread: 401 swap

401 swap

new project just pickep up a 79 cj7 258. t-18 and i'm goint to stick that 401 and th400 that i was considering for my cj5 in it what will i need as far as engine mounts, tranny mounts and any other snags anybody knows about ? Anybody have an automatic steering column laying around ?
    2007 durango
    79 cj7 401 t-18 488 s lockers both ends 35 s
    97 F350 crewcab 4x4 power stroke banks equipped. just added the exh. brake. I LUV MY TRUCK
    94 WRANGLER
    90 WRANGLER BASKET CASE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    pass side tower
    cj v-8 block mounts
    gas line from pass side to driver side
    and yes to steering column
    kick down bracket at gas peddal and switch wire from fire wall to tranny

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    i believe if you did not want to swap the steering column you could put a floor mounted shifter in like a B&M shifter. AS far as motor mounts either try to find the stock ones. I have a set of the V8 frame stands. Or Mountain Offroad has a really nice set of motor mounts. We ended up putting a set in my dads CJ and they are really nice

http://www.mountainoffroad.com

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

are the fram mounts a 6 or 8 cyl and how much ?

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    are the fram mounts a 6 or 8 cyl and how much ?
    Frame mounts are for an 8 cyl. and I believe my dad paid $90 for for them a few months ago. SO that is what he would like for them
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

is that just the frame or frame and the block mounts

I heard on the FSJ list that the only difference in the frame mount is the hole pattern for the motor mount. You can re-drill the 258 mount to the V8 pattern and save yourself some money

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    is that just the frame or frame and the block mounts
    I think it is just the frame.....I will check when i go home for x-mas though and let you know

- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RandyJ
    I heard on the FSJ list that the only difference in the frame mount is the hole pattern for the motor mount. You can re-drill the 258 mount to the V8 pattern and save yourself some money

This is what i did when i did my v8 swap in my cj. And i am using the block side mounts out of the 88 Waggy I pulled the motor from. I am not happy with the way it sits though. IT does not seem as strong as it could be. I am going to upgrade to the MORE as soond as I have the money or make a set modeled after theres

- Mahatma Gandhi