Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
T-19/D20/CJ7 No TC Drop?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-19/D20/CJ7 No TC Drop?

T-19/D20/CJ7 No TC Drop?

I'm putting a mid ratio T-19 into a CJ7 w/a D20 (AA adapter), and would like to keep the skidplate at the stock height for better ground clearance..
    The stock setup for a T-18 in a CJ drops the TC 7/8" and uses a 1/4" spacer between the TC adapter and the mount.
    Anybody put a T-18 or T-19 into a CJ w/o dropping the skid? If so, what's it take to get good clearance and angles?

Been there, done that... somewhat. I did use 2x2 tubes on the outside, but I only used a 1" thick mount.
    Check out this link: Skid plate page
    I did move the engine forward 1.5" (back mount holes to the front) which also raised it up an inch. With 33" tires (see picture below) I have 21" under the skid plate on a 4" BDS lift.

I forgot to mention that I am running a wide ratio T-19 with a Scout D300 T-case.

Nice skid setup, and good looking rig!
    How much body lift do you have on it? Suspension lift?
    How'd you deal with driveline angles? (CV driveshaft?)
    Did you have to lower the radiator?

I'm putting together a DD, with the goal of decent offroad abilities. (5.1 low T-19, Terra kit in the TC and OX lockers F & R.)
    To keep decent road manners, I'm avoiding anything too radical in terms of lift. (3" susp, 1/2" body) and will be running 33s. Intention is to keep low CG, as well... trans/TC as low as possible, but not lose ground clearance. I want to use the stock skid plate, but want to avoid lowering it (per the stock AMC setup for the T-18). Anybody done this??

Thanks, I have been working on it for a while.

1" Daystar body mount/lift (integrated), 4" BDS spring lift.

Rear drive shaft is 28" CV extended travel from Tom Woods, front drive shafts is 29"... another 1/2" forward and both would have been the same length.

Radiator is in the stock location because the engine was raised about the same amount as the body lift

I am running 4.27 gears, 2.72 T-case and the t-19 has the 6.32 first. I figure that if I need more I can add the 4-1 kit in the T-case.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    hey sounds like you got one heck of a low gear! I run cv's as well but i made them , always wondered if i could have saved time and monay by buying a set from tom woods. I am skeptical about any parts on my jeep that i did not make myself..........LOL weird like that i guess
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Hey, jeeps, got any input on my original question?

which one
    [COLOR=#000000]

Re: T-19/D20/CJ7 No TC Drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I'm putting a mid ratio T-19 into a CJ7 w/a D20 (AA adapter), and would like to keep the skidplate at the stock height for better ground clearance..
    The stock setup for a T-18 in a CJ drops the TC 7/8" and uses a 1/4" spacer between the TC adapter and the mount.
    Anybody put a T-18 or T-19 into a CJ w/o dropping the skid? If so, what's it take to get good clearance and angles?

[COLOR=#000000]