Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
360 rebuild advice - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 rebuild advice

360 rebuild advice

diddy you are right, the part number is cr11747 and i got them from summit racing which is only 23 miles from where i live and i just checked and they are $195 and they were 7/16 stud.. I cant remember the web site that i got my pistons from but i use to belong to and amc forum and i got the web site from there, I will do some checking and find out the website and post it later to nite.
    73CJ5,AMC360w/stainless valves, ported and polished,Offhauser Aluim Dualport Intake w/850 edelbrock Carb,10 to 1 Pistons and much more

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    what rockers in the e-bay are the bridged rockers used from 74 up
    stud rockers are the rocker but has a 1/2 ball in the rocker and they can be adjusted bridged can not be adjusted

never heard of the cat brand eather I like to stay with name brands to

polylocks if you look at the link to my rockers they are on it a long nut with a set screw in the top to lock down the nut from turning

I was wondering if chevy or ford 1.6 ratio rockers would work = they are close but not there some have used them with no problems

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

360 rebuild advice

if you check summit racing website and check out part number crn-11747 they are for amc chevrolet and ford, I have used these sameones on my chevy pick up and my ford thunderbird, i talked to the crane rep on these roller rockers before using them on my amc 360 and he assured me that there is no difference in them.
    73CJ5,AMC360w/stainless valves, ported and polished,Offhauser Aluim Dualport Intake w/850 edelbrock Carb,10 to 1 Pistons and much more

I am always surprised when manufactures dont list that their part for one type of car will fit another. Instead, you have to call a rep to ask. It seems like they would sell more of their product if they would list everything that it would fit on. Then the manufacture wouldn't have to worry about developing a different part specificially for another type of vehicle. Stupid.

I am sure that there are other chevy/ford aftermarket parts that would work for AMC but unless you took the risk of buying it and tring it out - you wont know.
    '74 CJ5
    304V8
    T18 swap
    twin-sticked/Geared D20
    front disc
    York OBA

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Geez Fuzz... define RUMBLE

'Rat
    do I still need to define RUMBLE

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrat
    Geez Fuzz... define RUMBLE

'Rat
    do I still need to define RUMBLE
    Well, ya know - it sorta sounded kinda asthmatic. Like maybe it wasn't breathing right, or the timing was off

j/k
    Sounded good, but like I said, umm, I DO understand rumble
    75 CJ-5 with a 327, 4-bolt, 30 over, flat top pistons, ported/polished, torker intake, can't remember the cam or size valves (I paid someone to do that, tuff to do that kind of stuff in a barracks parking lot) 650 Holley, thornly wheel well headers, and "hush thrush" mufflers. Hush my A$$!!! Wheelies in 3 gears, U-joints about once a month and 3 drive shafts in a year Fortunately they went before the R&P or axle shafts!! And I do secretly yearn for "more power" but I start talking dumping 3-4 grand into another motor now and my wife threatens to neuter me to get me past that 'change in life' syndrome real fast So what she doesn't know, well I won't say here she might just read it!!

Mud
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE