Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Wedge 318?
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Wedge 318?

Wedge 318?

One of my brothers brought home an ungodly ugly old Dodge motorhome reciently, that he is going to gut out and use as an enclosed car hauler.

Apparently it has a 318 Wedge motor in it. I've heard the name before, but don't know the difference. Different heads perhaps?

Damn that thing is UGLY!

I had a winnibago with a dodge 440 motor. It was geared so high for gas milage that it had no low end power. The rear wheels sunk about 6 inches while setting in my yard and I had to hook my truck to it to get it out of the rut. I tryed rocking it back and forth but it would not pull it self out of the hole.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    USUALLY THE 383-400 B-MOTOR, OR THE 413-426(NON HEMI)-440 RB MOTOR ARE REFERED TO AS WEDGE MOTORS. IT MAY BE THE POLY 318 ALSO CALLED 318 BIG BLOCK, THEY QUIT MAKING THESE IN 1966 I THINK, BECAUSE I THINK THAT THE CHARGERS THAT YEAR HAD THEM AND 1967 DIDN'T.

So, would this be a good motor to hold on to, or is it something that's not that special?

~cory

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    IF YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT, OR FIND SOMEONE WHO WANTS IT FOR A RESTO PROJECT IT WOULD BE OK BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT.