Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Quadra Trac Conversion

Thread: Quadra Trac Conversion

Quadra Trac Conversion

Hey all good to see all these interesting posts on the forum. I have a question for you. I am building a 79 CJ, 304, TH400. I have heard of a conversion kit that allows for 2wd/4wd instead of full time 4wd. Do any of you know where the best place to get one. Also, I have seen ADS that say you can use HUBS on a CJ and some that say you cant. Any clarification?? Thanks [/img]
    Drive fast, party hard

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    hmm a couple of thoughts about that swap, I believe there where some issues, Ive seen it work though. I sell onyl replacement parts for quads...cant really attest to the part time kits.....anyone else?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    ck with rollbar (you could probly pm him form here...jeepsr4ever)he is looking to do this with a kit with out the overdrive

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Both the conversion and the hubs can be done.
    Here's the conversion kit: http://www.milemarker.com/4x2conversion.html
    6 bolt hubs from Warn, Mile Marker, Superwinch, etc. will bolt right on.

Hey thanks for the info rocky, I can use that part number on that link to get the best price. I am still un sure about the stock kit or the 16% overdrive kit. I can afford either one but is the overdrive kit worth the extra moolah? Thanks again, you guys rock
    Drive fast, party hard

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    hmm the overdrive would only be worth it if you drove some distances with your rig.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I ran a Qtrac setup for a couple years and almost did the conversion myself. I ended up just buying a whole nuther CJ instead though. Swapped out for a tf727 and dana 300 setup insetead. Gets rid of the chain drive altogether. Of course it was more expensive to go this route, but I am much happier now. Plus I don't have to worry about all that vaccum crap. Course I also swapped in a scout dana 44 rear as well to compensate.
    Jack