Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
V-8 crossmembers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V-8 crossmembers

Thank you from BT Gear Head

V-8 crossmembers

Hi everyone. Does,or has anyone with welding experiance thought about makeing and marketing tubular bolt in crossmembers for the amc cars? Since there is alot of 6-cylinder cars left, but not alot of V-8 crossmembers. Maybe in the $100.00 range. I have two V-8's, and one car. I can get my hands on a couple of hornets cheep, both with sixes, but no crossmembers to put in a V-8.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Or, how about custom motor mounts that mount a V-8 to a sixer crossmember?
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I got a couple of gremmys here i wonder if i could remake the V8 crossmembers......is there more than one interested?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Yea. I would be interested in one, mabe two depending on the price you come up with. Iv'e seen crossmembers going on ebay real fast for around $150.00-$200.00. I would make up 5-10 of them, advertise them, and see what kind of demand there is. I know there is alot of V-8's, and alot of sixer cars to put them in. Just not alot of crossmenmbers. There is always people asking for them on the other forum.

Hey MC. I posted a question on the amc forum to see if other people would be interested. Now we'll wait and see.

That can be a tough forum if your not known personally, I was run out of there...LOL. Maybe i am too abrasive

They used to call me M1 MC from the abrasive division of 3M..
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

V8 crossmembers..

...while you're at it, how about making a drop-out center section like some of the SS/AMXs had? Then we could drop the pan every week if wanted to take a look-see.

AND, you will sell 5 times as many.

Maybe have a core charge so you will be getting stockers in to mod or sell w/o mod.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

V8 Crossmember

matter of fact, I'll be needing two with the drop-out center, and have '69 and '71 cores to send ya!!!
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.

You send cores we will take a hard look at it

Bulltear
    30401 Neal Ave
    Lindstrom MN 55045
    [COLOR=#000000]

V8 crossmembers

Sending the cores will leave me with 2 AMXs that don't roll. I can't be doing that untill I know I'll be able to get them rollable again soon.

I'm thinking that you are going to have to have either a chassis or make a jig to simulate the frame rails, and have the crossmember bolted to it as you cut & weld the drop-out center section.

I may have the frame measurements in my '71 AMC factory shop manual, I will have to look.

I have a complete set of the '71 AMC fische cards if you need any part numbers or exploded diagrams for any other purpose. I'm thinking I should be able to make adjustments to my digital cam in order for the fische image to be visible.

I will be getting an '04 Mopar Performance catalog as soon as possible, I will post relevant (to us) part numbers and prices then.
    Nostalgia ProStock.