Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Howel TBI questions
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howel TBI questions

Howel TBI questions

Since the Edelbrock or custom MPFI is too expensive I am looking at other options. I have heard that the Howel TBI system is pretty decent and can be picked up for around $800-900. Has anyone out there run this kit? Also, it seems that Quadratec/4wd.com only sell the 2bbl kit and they want $1200. I know that they are not going to be the best price. Anybody know anybody cheaper?

Also, I heard that the Howel system can be integrated with a GM style HEI distributor for better performance/fuel economy - especially when running at altutitude. For my 360 rebuild project I already bought a Mallory Unilite, Promaster coil and Hyfire IIIA box off ebay. However, I have no idea if you can hook the Mallory Unilite/Hyfire system into the Howel like with the HEI. Does any body know if that will work? I am not opposed to reselling the Mallory system and going with a HEI if that is the only way to go. Any suggestions?

Since several of the trails I run in CO get up to 11-12,000+ft, I currently have issues keeping my stock 304 with the 2bbl 2100 carb running. (I hate that carb). I have rebuilt the carb, down jetted it (I acutally found a place with 20yr NOS jets for the carb - I bought out their inventory) and it still runs like crap - blows power valves and runs too rich. I am sick of carbs and like the idea of either MPFI or TBI.
    '74 CJ5
    304V8
    T18 swap
    twin-sticked/Geared D20
    front disc
    York OBA

I would suggest too looking into Propane Power

I've seen 2 vehicles successuflly run propane, and the more research I learn/hear about it the better it sounds.
    Out to prove that AMC is still one of the best around!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by diddycj5
    Howel TBI system is pretty decent and can be picked up for around $800-900. Has anyone out there run this kit?
    Nope, be curious what you find out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddycj5
    Howel system can be integrated with a GM style HEI distributor for better performance/fuel economy - especially when running at altutitude.
    Don't see why not unless the Howell system interfaces injector timing with spark - but I don't see why???

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoneer84360
    Propane Power
    I've heard and seen propane powered vehicles - is the cost per mile actually better? Power?? And are Propane service stations common? Here on the penninsula, we only have propane tanks at places like U-Haul??

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Propane is pretty convenient, think of all the accesories you can hook up--grill, turkey frier, etc. I

Seriously though, with my 350 I would love the Edelbrock system but the price... Hey MC what's your discount on that?
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Edelbrock isnt speaking on it right now, they dont have jack squat for markup on their items..I am seriously surprised
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Doesn't MPFI add around 45 ponies?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    easy with replacing a stock 2bbl intake
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I have TBI, .

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT11
    I have TBI, .
    Whoop-d-do I'm not impressed, remember I've been under and inside your ride . When are you coming by to fix those shock mounts so it's SAFE???

'Rat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I'll be by for that after I get my lift. I think I'll take a week off of work to play with my long neglected :car4: You don't think I was joking about you to driving me to the part store. I'll pay for gas with after we are done with that we can go