Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What is??? - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is???

I like the P39 Airacobra.....too bad they had a unfortunate propensity for the engines to slide forward and crush the pilot when in a power dive! (these were mid engined/shaft drive rigs)

I guess that's why we sold a bunch to the Russians LOL!

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Note that the Merlin was OHC, 4-valves-per-cylinder mill.

Was it DOHC??? - not

Also, they were using Nitrous as well!!!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

"I'll buy *that* for a dollar!"

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    The P-39 was a favorite of Chuck Yeager.. And the Russkies used it as a tank buster.. the loved it.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Did anyone notice in that chart above "War Emergency Horsepower"? I believe that's in reference to a throttle position beyond full power....this is when the nitrous oxide is kicked in!

No foolin, my understanding is that Nos was invented, or at least first used during WWII for fighter aircraft. It was of limited duration (until the juice ran out) and only used for that extra burst of power.

The technology developed for airplanes back then was incredible, compound super AND turbocharging on the same engine....compress the ambient thin high altitude air to sea level and THEN compress it further. Unreal.

And don't forget the secret 300mpg carburetors on our tanks Those are credited for kicking Rommel's hiney as his fleet of tanks ran out of fuel in the desert.