Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ring and Pinion
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ring and Pinion

Ring and Pinion

When I get some free time I am going to replace my 3.73's with some 4.56's any tips aside from a lot of and bugging the Mudrat to drive me to the parts store 5 or 6 times a day and then
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Recommendations.....keep the down to a minimum until after the gears are done, its not difficult to set them up just is a detail oriented task. Go over the tools you will need and ensure you have them. Start with good install kits so you have all the shims, gaskets, and other small parts you will need. Have fluid, and if you don't have a locker its a good time to put one in. Have you set up gears before? If not read up on it or get the video for it. Prior planning and having all you need will make it go much smoother (as it does with everything).

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Remember that gear lube only takes up .002 of the lash
    gear set up can be simple or complicated, in my cases always friggin complicated
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    first thing look at the factory pinion for a + or- then look at the new gears
    + or- there should be a chart with the gears and see what it is that should get you in the ball park for pinion depth
    then mesure your old shim pack when you take it apart and writh it down for the pinion and carrior shims to that will give you a base to start from and from there it is trial and error fron there pinion rotation is in in lb to

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thanks. Where do I get the video at?
    Couldn't I use a depth gauge or measure the old pinion w/ shims to determine pinion depth?

I am a ring and pinion virgin.

I am also sure I will be doing this

I will call and see if my distributor sells the video seperate from gear packages. Normally if you tell one of the major Gear distributors that you are doing it yourself they will offer the video and all the tools you will need.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    the + or - will give u the pnion depth between the gears u have to the new gears

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Called the distributor but didnt' talk to my sales rep. The guy I talked to said they don't sell just the video, but I think that is bull, so I will call monday and ask my regular sales rep.

Thanks, I'll search the net I am sure something will pop up.

I did a search, thanks, found one from Richmond Gear on Summit Racing.