Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fuzz 401 & other amc buffs! need help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzz 401 & other amc buffs! need help

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Thats for a 6 cyl mud was referencing.i think
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    in lancaster pa west of phil buy about an hour

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Your right again Fuzz, I need to think an extra 2 Cylinders
    This is an Inline 4 bumpstick (the 6ers are similar) ... note the gear in the middle of the cam...

And the V-8 diszzy & cam gear ...

Sorry dude, didn't mean to confuse you.

Mudrat...I think I'll have a now
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

i've gotta buddy that lived near there in PA. i believe the city he lived in was astin or something near to that... so where should i get these gears from? i'd like to get them new so i can try to avoid this from happening again in the near future.

MC, do you have a price on the set as a pair and how soon do you think i could get them from you if you take a credit card?

Thanks Fuzz for the installation procedures on the cam, it didn't come up before for whatever reason, but thanks for going through the extra effort. you guys really know your stuff. i'm glad to know that i dont have to go through the trouble of replacing the cam, even though i'd love to.. just not the right time i guess financialy.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    i will get a price for you new tomorrow
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

alright, now my next question is how do i get the dampener off the front of the motor. looking at the picture there it looks like it's definetly gotta come off of there. do i need a special tool to get it off? how about getting it back on? any tricks

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    to remove the bal http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00947626000

to install http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=27100

ck with autozone they rent some tools out too

I have them also if u want to run here for them

do not hammer the balancer back on u can damage the balancer and the thrust bearing too

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Fuzz 401

ok gentleman i have heard of this type of thing happening in my 35 years of working on amc's, and just about every person i know in the business of working on these cars and they all say it is due to cam walking on the most part. it may not be in this case but the ones that i have personally seen with my own eyes it is cam walking that is the cause. there was a man on the amc forum that was working on making a cam button to help cure this problem and i will have to check it out and see if i can find it and post it to this forum..
    73CJ5,AMC360w/stainless valves, ported and polished,Offhauser Aluim Dualport Intake w/850 edelbrock Carb,10 to 1 Pistons and much more