Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
yj wheels
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yj wheels

yj wheels

afternoon yall just bought an 89 yj for my son and being 16 years old he wants the biggest, baddest tire he can have. With a 4 in. susp. lift whats the biggest i can go without trimming on the body ? 33-12.50\15 on 15x10 sounds good to me but he wants bigger. any ideas? gotta start the second generation jeeper out right
    2007 durango
    79 cj7 401 t-18 488 s lockers both ends 35 s
    97 F350 crewcab 4x4 power stroke banks equipped. just added the exh. brake. I LUV MY TRUCK
    94 WRANGLER
    90 WRANGLER BASKET CASE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    I run 32x11.50 with my rustys 3.5" lift

the Cj has a add-a-leaf and 33x12.50 and i mash the fenders all the time
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Bigger - Bigger - Bigger!

You could easily do 33-12.5 with a 4 in. susp. lift.
    I had 31x10.5 without a lift at all. Just put in 2.5" and plan to go up to 33-10.5 this summer.

Without the lift they did trim a bit of the fender but when I went offroad they didn't hit or cause any problems.

Good luck! Post a pic! :)
    Cris
    Silly boys …Jeeps are for girls!!

go soa and fit 35s, you get to keep the stock springs and get about 6 inches of lift
    1993 yj soa 33x12.50x15 custom roll cage

well paulie this is for my 16 yr old kid I'm afraid if i go soa he"ll need your custom roll cage LOL
    2007 durango
    97 F350 crewcab 4x4 power stroke banks equipped. just added the exh. brake. I LUV MY TRUCK
    94 WRANGLER
    90 WRANGLER BASKET CASE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    =D>
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

4" suspension lift, 5/8" boomerang shackles, 1" body lift, TJ Flares and 15x10 wheels with 3.75" back spacing = 35" tires on a YJ

You maybe able to forego the bodylift with the TJ flares if he doesnt' plan on wheeling it that will also help keep the CG down a bit, or extend the bumptops with no body lift so the wheels don't stuff to hard.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    4" suspension, front shackle reverse, SYE in the NP231 and a Tom Woods shaft - - - 33" BFG's on 15x8 Pacer 330C chrome steel rims.
    And this IS my 16 year old daughters Jeep. She got it Sunday for her birthday!!

She just can't make up her mind on the final color. I'm kinda partial to primer myself MUUUUUUCCCHHHHH cheaper

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Well guys thanks for the info but my son broke his neck over the weekend in a snow board accident so the jeep projects are on the back burner. But he swares he'll be able to walk and drive again so plan on hearing from us again. It will happen cant wait to sling some mud with him
    2007 durango
    94 WRANGLER
    90 WRANGLER BASKET CASE

Quote Originally Posted by 81cj
    Well guys thanks for the info but my son broke his neck over the weekend in a snow board accident so the jeep projects are on the back burner. But he swares he'll be able to walk and drive again so plan on hearing from us again. It will happen cant wait to sling some mud with him
    oh my! Please keep us updated on the health of your son. Take care.
    Cris
    Silly boys …Jeeps are for girls!!