Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Need help (yet again)

Thread: Need help (yet again)

Need help (yet again)

Ok I got the carburetor on as everyone helped me do so, that part is done, and fron what I understand, everything is correct. now then. I repaced the alternator a few weeks back, but the alternator light has still stayed on, so last night i took it back to make sure and got a new one, as well as a new alternator belt. now the alt light has goen off, good stuff. now when I hit the gas, the oil light fades on, and fades off. i made sure that is is good on oil. I went to take it out for a drive tonight, but the car was behaving badly. it was stumbling,sputtering, not being totally responsive to the throttle. backfired once, and shut off on me once. I knew I had gas, so I can rule that out. its getting fuel as well, checked the lines. all the vacuum lines seem to be intact after a visual inspection. what is going on?

I checked the alternator wires, and I have them hooked up exactly the way the orignal one was(when I got it) So it may be wrong, but i am not sure. any help is really appricated.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Need help (yet again)

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption
    Ok I got the carburetor on as everyone helped me do so, that part is done, and from what I understand, everything is correct. now then. I repaced the alternator a few weeks back, but the alternator light has still stayed on, so last night i took it back to make sure and got a new one, as well as a new alternator belt. now the alt light has gone off, good stuff. now when I hit the gas, the oil light fades on, and fades off. i made sure that is is good on oil. I went to take it out for a drive tonight, but the car was behaving badly. it was stumbling,sputtering, not being totally responsive to the throttle. backfired once, and shut off on me once. I knew I had gas, so I can rule that out. its getting fuel as well, checked the lines. all the vacuum lines seem to be intact after a visual inspection. what is going on?

I checked the alternator wires, and I have them hooked up exactly the way the orignal one was (when I got it) So it may be wrong, but i am not sure. any help is really appricated.
    Remind us again what kind of car we are talking about? Imagstation seems to be down hard and no pictures are coming thru...and I couldn't find the original posts.
    Carb = done
    Alt = done, but you think there is another problem since you "checked the alternator wires"??

Timing & firing order come first to mind and the oil press, you may have a partial ground somewhere. When you say the oil fades on/off, does it get full bright or just "flicker" what does your pressure guage say? Do you have the TSM or a Chilton/Hayes book to check wiring diagrams?

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

the oil light fades on and off, not so much a flicker. dont have a pressure guage yet either so no help there. will check to see if any wires have grounded out

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Why is that light on, sounds like you have some electrical difficulties like your battery needed charging. Most likely is that you didnt charge your battery when you installed your alternator, spitting sputtering and backfiring bad behavior ect. can be a direst result of this, charge your battery as soon as you can
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption

the oil light fades on and off, not so much a flicker. dont have a pressure guage yet either so no help there. will check to see if any wires have grounded out
    Notice the red "X"? http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...tortrouble.jpg.
    Access Denied (Usage Limit)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.

Every time somebody opens this thread that page gets accessed.

Thanks MC, didn't think about the battery less than good-to-go.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

ah on my comp it doesnt show up as a red x, only shows up as the picture, so sorry if I caused any trouble with that. didnt realize it cause, well I can see it. I did do that alternator est thing someone mentioned before, let the car run abit, then unhooked the positive cable from the battery, and when I did, the car shut off, on both alternators.

cheched the voltage on the battery as well as what comes from the alterntaor and its all as it is supposed to be. now I am told that it is misfiring as the carb is spitting fuel back out. a guy is coming back tommorow to check the dwell and something else, and in the meantime, I am going to check the plugs. he says i have like 3 cylinders that are dead. could be a valve or something sticking. any advice?

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    looks like a motarola alut to me search the web and do the convershion to the GM style

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

change to a gm style alternator? if by chance my vlaves are sticking, what sort of thing do I do to get them unstuck, and how much trouble is that gonna take?

ok, mechanic friend came back over today and looked over the car again, and thought about it, and may have tracked the problem down. a bad ignition coil. would this cause the problems I described earlier?