Last year I completed a rebuild of a stock AMC 360 Grand Waggoner, I upgraded the engine with a Edlebrock Cam, and Intake combo kit. Had the heads machined flat and flowed the ports. I installed this in my Rockcrawler.

Since day one, this thing is a dog, I am also having an issue with starting, once the engine warms up it either refuses to turn over, or it turns over very slowly, sometimes it starts, sometime you have to keep trying it to get it to crank over.

I have tryed adjusting the timing numerous times, ( I even checked the timing marks thinking I screwed them up opon installation ) I swapped starters with a spare I had lying around, Nothing, No Help!

Also as stated above, this thing is an absolute dog. I have built over a dozen engines previous to this one, (Only one other was an AMC ) and have been able to sort out any problems I may have had, This one has me stumped. Oh, one other bit of information, I am running a Holly Truck Avenger, which I have had excellent luck with.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has to offer. I am seriously thinking of pulling the AMC and replacing it with a 500 Caddy motor I have lying around. Thanks