Well I finally got my machine working and a few pieces cut that resemble what is on screen but I am having problems with the torch height control.

Running MP3000THC Mach and Sheetcam TNG with MP1000THC post on my 4x4 table, Hypertherm 1250 with hand torch and rather new finecut consumables.

My switch offset is approx -0.310 and I have entered it into Mach and the Post both. The switch is working correctly in Mach and triggers the z-home light in the diag. screen.

My problem seems to be coming from the cut profiles in the thc window in mach but I can not figure it out. I am cutting 14ga mild steel sheet.

What it does is it pierces and then raises up to around .5" while still cutting and it does this with Hypertherm 14ga cut profile. I tried changing the switch offsets to 0 and positive .310 and it makes no difference, it keeps trying to cut around 1/2" off the surface. I even changed it to try and compensate for the .5" but it did the same thing. If I change the cut profile in the THC window in Mach to Hypertherm 16ga fine cut it works much better but drags the tip across the metal and consequently moves my 2x3 sheet I am working with. The pierce and cut heights were set to 1/8 and 1/16 respectively in sheetcam. It seems like the cut profiles are overiding the touch off and pierce/cut settings.

Thanks for any help!