Thanks, That is kinda what I thought. As for the cam bearing, there is one side near the top that was a little more worn than the rest, but not by much. The rod bearings were toast. They have definitely seen better days. I am still confused, cause I cannot tell what was making the loud knocking noise. I can spin the crank free by hand and don't here any grinding, but that is all thats left. Any idea where to look? The noise would come and go, come and go, then it just stayed there.

This was all during the cam break in cycle, whch lasted about 20 minutes. I did find in the oil pick up screen what looked like a blade of grass made out of metal. If I can find it tomorrow, I will take a pic. Lord knows where it came from.

OK, so I am gonna call the machine shop tomorrow. What all questions do you guys like to ask to see if they know there stuff or not? I really don't want someone screwing the pooch with this block or crank. I need all the normal stuff done, plus I am gonna get them to install the oil bypass kit to allow better oiling to the rear of the block.

Thanks!
Jack