You can read a little about it here: http://www.grimmjeeper.com/beavis

Short story is simple:

Started the 401 conversion to TBI last spring. When doing the cam swap, half the bearing came out. Further investigation showed need for a full rebuild. Everything gone over. 10/10 on the crank, .030 over on the pistons, line honed, new bearings, balanced, the works.

Fast forward to the summer, the TBI wiring goes in and gets hooked up. Short bursts of work gets everything hooked up over time.

I started working on a dual compressor setup but that's on temporary hold.

Finally got it all back together with a few trivial pieces left.

First shot cranking, it's a little slow because the battery has been sitting forever. But within the first 5 seconds, it catches fire. First crank and it's running!

It has no exhaust so I don't run it long. The battery is low so I hook up the charger. This morning as I was taking off the charger, I notice that I forgot to cap two of the vacuum ports on the throttle body.

But it still cranked and ran with a huge vacuum leak. I capped the ports but didn't want to do a no-exhaust test fire at 7:00am and wake the neighborhood. I'll try that out when I get home from work.

But, for the record, a 401 with a TBI setup from a 454 seems to work pretty well.