Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
hi - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi

as much as i like the amc engine doesnt seem as if its really going to be up for the power i want.been reading all old posts engine seems brill for those jeeps but not ideal for drag racing .so im going to have to go down a different avenue ie ford 460 or mopar 440.all is not lost though just bough a cj with a rover v8 in it.only £200 bin the rover and in with the amc .

Quote Originally Posted by barneybrendan
    as much as i like the amc engine doesnt seem as if its really going to be up for the power i want.been reading all old posts engine seems brill for those jeeps but not ideal for drag racing .so im going to have to go down a different avenue ie ford 460 or mopar 440.all is not lost though just bough a cj with a rover v8 in it.only £200 bin the rover and in with the amc .
    there ya go when givin lemons, make the lemonaid

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    well thier are a few fast AMC's out there.. but if you are going to make "race car power" (upper rpm range etc.. ) skip the 460 ford..good motor bucket loads of torque..but not real receptive to rpm's 440 mopar? outstanding choice..454 chevy thats ok too..but my personal favorite is the 400 small block chevy..stroke it or poke it or both or niether..makes good power has big block cubes with small block dimensions and they made a boatload of em' as long as you dont mix and match flywheels or harmonic balancers.. (externally balanced vs all other internally balanced chevy sb's)

"A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.