Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 82Waggy Ordered His Cam

Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    =D>
    Very nice man.... What kind of $$$ are you talking about with this build?

'Bout $9500.00.
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

BTW: My ~9-9500 in costs to build this motor includes the purchase of the 401 core components (block, crank, rods, heads, new balancer ~1250.00) and shipping them here from various places across the country. Everything else was bought new, including ~2500 for the MPEFI installation that includes a distributor and fuel pump with the kit.

My costs also include some money spent on the heads for bowl, throat, and port cleanup and matching work that many may not do. Of course it is also balanced and blueprinted.

I am also spending a little money on bling like Indy sheet alum valve covers, and a nickle timing cover and pump kit from Bulltear.

If you have a complete core with a servicable timing cover and were staying with carburation, you could save big bucks on what I am spending.