Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Intake gaskets aluminum manifolds?

I agree on not reusing. I would also strongly advise DRY fitting it AND the intake to make sure it fits before applying any sealants. On our first rebuild, we gunked the pan gasket up with two different sealants on both sides, and put it in place. When we went to sit the intake manifold on, we discovered the valley oil line was keeping it from seating, because we hadn't notched the valley pan. Well, by then the sealants were all setting up.

I tried to clean the sealants off so I could reapply and reuse the pan, but after about a half hour of gettting nowhere fast, $30 for a new one looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Couldnt agree more...and thats why I am still mad at my good buddy Larry. He keeps using them and they keep sealing.
    I personally dont think its a good idea though
    Yeah, what is it with the dumb luck some people have? I remember this one butcher 'mekanick' who I worked with who did EVERYTHING WRONG....but he'd always say "Eetz ok, I do this many years no problim"

I'd tell him he's been doing it wrong for many years, and that I wanted to take him with me to Vegas to see if any of his luck would rub off. Sheesh!