Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
dyno results - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dyno results

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Fuzz did you ever dyno your engine?
    never got around to it

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinolined360
    very disappointed.
    In what, TBI???

what is done to your motor?? as far as power upgrades and stuff..i really want to bring mine to the dyno and have it done but im afraid of coming back with very low numbers and being dissapointed....

me to, i have a 401 with edlebrock heads, comp cam 256 EX harland sharp rocker rollers, edlebrock air gap intake, electric fans, hei,holley 670 truck avenger, ron davis radiator, headman headers, high flow water pump, 140 amp alternator.

any ideas, i don't think anyone even has a dyno on this island. i think i'm gonna try and find one, might have to ship to the other island. thanks mikey
    doing a frame off, 401/727t/f art carr manule valve body,fiberglass body,4.5 R.E lift, 456 gears locked f/r, 35" crawlers. UPS is helping build it

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Our numbers from Desktop Dyno are 356 HP and 404 Ft. Lbs. of torque. Don't know how accurate that program is. I punched in all our exact specs.
    I don't think that program is very accurate myself. It was WAY off on the 401 I built and had dynoed. The torque curve wasn't even close to real-world. I even inputted the flow numbers from my head that I had flowed.

As far as the chassis dyno, I had my old 360 ran on one a few years back and it came out to 232hp. I was fully expecting around 300hp...but as the guy running it said he see's very few "street cars" that push his dyno over 300hp.

Back in the early 90's when I street raced the same 360 in a Hornet I was the "one to beat." I smoked a built 454 chevelle that the guy had at least $13,000 into it, and later I smoked the same guy with his 454 powered stepside truck.

It's sometimes not the big hp numbers but the whole combo that makes a vehicle rock!
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    My old 343/360 combo chassis dyno'd at 275-285 HP
    and that was at 8.x:1 CR and with stock Heads.
    Have since added milled ported heads and 1/4 speeds indicate it's now ~325 HP @ tires.

'69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well at the risk of sounding stodgy and old.. this is the kinda surprise that actually teaches.. Like the man said it aint the big numbers on a piece of paper that make the car fast.. It is the combination of parts working together, and the driver..

Just so i can say it again.. Horsepower numbers are really only good for bragging rights.. a 400 hp engine is only making 400 hp if it can get to that point in the rpm range. if it is held below the power band by someone short shifting it or gearing too tall that car will get spanked by a car with less power.

It aint just a matter of buying the biggest thingie.. or the trickest whoosits.
    The numbers you have there are very respectable, and couple that with a well matched car / trans/ gear ratio and it ill be quick.

Just for a little mindboggle.. a peterbilt tractor, bobtail (no trailer) wighing 19000 lbs with 3:73 gears and 500 hp 1500 ft lbs torque will run 15 second quarters at sea level.
    Why? because the transmission is designed to keep that engine in the 500 rpms where it makes the most torque..all the way down the track
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Right on.

Also, with big HP on the track you better have a good way to hook up. Otherwise all that power will go up in tire smoke!

Those 454s I raced should have killed me! And they did...off the start. But this was a high RPM freak trying to turn that 454 a ton.

I'd pass them about half track and it was taillights after that.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Yep.. And for those who only believe in the bigger is better theory.. re-read some of these posts.. MC and some of the guys here banter numbers and theory around like "Ho-hum" everday stuff. the truth is they know thier business .. and thats what it takes to first make power .. then to use it..

Actually, Fuzz's story is a good example.. that CJ is quick.. and it is amazing how quick.. but that same power in a different package would be quicker yet..with the same level of expertise applied to it, And I am sure there are a lot of guys at the track making more power lot's more that wish they could equal Fuzz's times..

Dirty Harry.

Oh and I forgot RadAMX.. isn't yours down in the nines.. and streetable??

Dirty Harry.