Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: headers for amc v8

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Thanks tufcj! I'll just be running a rv cam, performer intake, headers and some sort of carb... probably a truck avenger or something similar. I'm looking for off idle power as well. I do have two pairs of stock 360 exhaust mainfolds so if money runs tight I might sling them on for a while.

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    We used a flowtech in chassis header on my buddies 75 cj5 360.

They were less than 200 bucks.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    DynoMax FenderWell Headers 1 5/8" to 3" Collector bolted to 3" Purple Hornies... That matched to 10.5:1 compression with a .520" lift sounds pretty sick inside the cab... Outside, I sort of feel bad for the Ricers and any other low sitting vehicle But then again, It's kinda hard to listen to music or talk to a friend at a normal voice... Plus where the exhaust dumps I always smeel like race fuel Man, I love that smell!!!
    Fenderwells are loud as-hell but that's why I have two Jeeps...
    401 to free-flow cat and Magnaflow muffler, 3" exhaust dumping out the rear... Sounds like tufcj and I have a similar set-up She does sounds pretty deep behind the Jeep... But it's nothing like the 360!!!

my buddy has that exact setup...i have the same headers but with 3 inch cherry bombs...and the cherry bombs are MUCH louder then the purple hornies....thats why im getting rid of mine and going with shorties and out the back....i just cant stand the noise anymore