Thread: Lomax 3:1 for a 205

Lomax 3:1 for a 205

Anybody installed the Lomax 3:1 Kit?
    Is the case that comes with it big enough to grab rocks?
    Do you think it's worth the $1000+ you pay for it?
    IF FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED...THEN MOPEDAL!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Nope, but I'm putting the TeraLow 4:1 kit in my D300 with the HD output shaft I got both of them together for well under $700.

What T-case are you installing in?
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I was looking at it on the JB Conversions site. Looks like the case is very similar in size to the 205 case. The 205 is WAY bigger than the Dana 300 and even bigger than the Atlas, so if you are planning on putting in in a Jeep, some floorboard mods will be needed to clock it up or it will hang down and become a rock catcher.

No personal experience with the LoMax, just some with the 205 in full size GM vehicles.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Nope, but I'm putting the TeraLow 4:1 kit in my D300 with the HD output shaft I got both of them together for well under $700.

What T-case are you installing in?
    I'm running a NP 435/NP205 & Mog axle's.

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    I was looking at it on the JB Conversions site. Looks like the case is very similar in size to the 205 case. The 205 is WAY bigger than the Dana 300 and even bigger than the Atlas, so if you are planning on putting in in a Jeep, some floorboard mods will be needed to clock it up or it will hang down and become a rock catcher.

No personal experience with the LoMax, just some with the 205 in full size GM vehicles.

Bob
    tufcj
    You'r right it is bigger....but it sure is tough! So is the 300 with a few modifications. Just trying to find someone that may have already tried one out

For that kind of money, you are halfway there to owning an Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by dan58
    For that kind of money, you are halfway there to owning an Atlas.
    You're right! But only about half way! Still gotta come up with the other half....keep in mind, some think a 205 is the next best thing to a Atlas!

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    The 205 is WAY bigger than the Dana 300 and even bigger than the Atlas
    Hehehe... I have the 205's grand-daddy... The 202! Now that's a big pig... lol Getting ready to sell one of the Jeeps and build a full-size Monster on an 68 IH Frame

Had a SBC 350, SM465, and 205 in my CJ when I aquired the jeep......yanked the junk out b/c i blew the trans apart once and went thru 2 of the trans to t-case adapters. If it werent for the trans and adpaters breakin id still have that setup in my jeep.....that 350 (even though i hate to say it) had to be one of the best runnin motors ive ever had.
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!