Thread: rebuilt engine oiling ?'s

rebuilt engine oiling ?'s

I just finished rebuild # 2 for the jeep. 1st one had problems with pistons scoring cyclinder wall and skirts.
    This did it on both engines, at start up idle it stays up around 60 or so. When engine is reved up it goes to 0 and when you let up it just flips back and forth then settles back up to around 60. New gears and new timing cover. I am thinking gauge is toast, but I do not want another problem. Also I have heard about using diesel oil in it for break in. I used a break in additive and then changed oil after it was first started. Since I changed oil should I use more break in or what about diesel oil?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    You can use either GM eos additive with your regular oil, but I would suggest either buying some of mc's oil or find a bradpenn oil dealer near you. My understanding is that diesel oil nolonger contains zddp?
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I think it does but the new emission compliant stuff has much less of it. You could look into some race only oil which I think has a good dose of zinc phosphate or MC's oil which is found here for you already

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    As for your pressure problems it could be your bypass opening up and sticking or your oil system sucking air somewhere like where the pickup tube screws into the block

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I've seen that kind of pressure problem when the pickup screen is too close to the bottom of the pan. The suction sticks the pickup to the bottom of the pan. There should be about a 1/4" tall nylon button on the bottom of the pickup. If it's gone, you can weld a small nut or something on.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford