Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New dipstick help..

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Install the new tube with the dipstick in it. The dipstick needs to go thru a hole in the baffle in the oil pan. Check that the dipstick goes in cleanly a couple of times before you tap it in that last 1/2".

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

There's a little bracket that goes under one of the valve cover bolts to secure the top end. Make sure you have that loosely bolted in place too. That also helps determine the position of the tube. We had to dress down the end that goes in the block a little to get it to fit in. It wasn't a Bulltear tube though. MC's probably don't even need any vaseline, ha, ha.

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Mine does not have the bracket by the valve cover. That is why it broke. It was loose and just bouncing around.

Quote Originally Posted by dooghssr
    will the NEW SERPENTINE BELT KITS FOR AMC V8 give more clearance between the water pulley and radiator?
    The water pump shaft doesn't get shorter with a different pulley so the clearance stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dooghssr
    Mine does not have the bracket by the valve cover. That is why it broke. It was loose and just bouncing around.
    The "bracket" is not part of the dipstick tube, it is a loose piece with a hole in it that the tube goes thru. You could probably make one very easily, just a short piece of flat bar stock, with 2 holes in it, one for the tube, and one for a valve cover bolt. I highly recommend using one so you don't end up breaking another tube.

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    I got my new Bulltear dipstick and was able to remove the broken one. With the new one can it be installed with the exhaust manifolds still on. I am having a hard time figuring out which way the bends go. I know it fastens to the second manifold bolt from the rear facing forward but with the brake booster and manifold it doesn't seem like it want to go in the right way. Or maybe I don't know the right way.