Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot running AMC 360

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Thanks for the instructions,

I'm pretty sure my kit has a speed sensor, we put this little device on the t-case speedo gear and it's connected to the ECM. Put I do get the effect that you're talking about, in a parking lot when slowing down. Mine actually idles at 1000 rpm. With the carb, the best we could get was around 800. We'll try the IAC procedure.

What's this IAC tool you're talking about?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I have one similar to this that was made by MAC tools. They were popular in the early 90s when there were a lot of TBI problems. Now they're nearly obsolete.

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-OTC3320-Co.../dp/B00063USCG

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Wow, that's expensive... at the end of the Howell service manual there are instructions to set your idle speed. I don't have the manual with me here, but it was along the lines of taking the cap off, jumping the ALDL A&B connectors, disconnecting the IAC plug and turning on the vehicle and setting the screw to the desired idle rpm. Turn off, plug the IAC and remove jumper and be happy.

Will try and set it around 850 this weekend, don't want it too low as on the trail it's nice to let it idle around and also prevent stalling when clutching. Can barely wait to play on angles to compare with the old carbs I used to run.