Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
MY 401 Machining & Parts List (Parts Pics Added) - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY 401 Machining & Parts List (Parts Pics Added)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by 82Waggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Please educate the un-washed (me) ... what is "CHS"
    I listed some of the vendors by accident - the result of copy and paste from an Excel spreadsheet. CHS = "The Cylinder Head Shop & CHS Racing Engines", the machine shop I use and that I have been moonlighting at.
    Gotcha - mine just goes by "The Head Shop" and their sign is rather 60's looking psyco colors
    We get calls for bong pipes and other hippie paraphernalia all the time
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    That engine is clean... nice write up.

you ever get any dyno numbers on that baby?
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Return of the dead with this thread...
    Things must have gone bad...

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    yea this guy was on here and raised some lively discussions??
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

:)

I'm still around.

Got side tracked with a 68 427 Vette, but I just dug out the FSJ a couple of weeks ago to get back on it again.

No Dyno news on the engine. Been on back burner for a couple of years.
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Quote Originally Posted by 82Waggy
    :)

I'm still around.

Got side tracked with a 68 427 Vette, but I just dug out the FSJ a couple of weeks ago to get back on it again.

No Dyno news on the engine. Been on back burner for a couple of years.

Slacker

I might pass you up but i doubt i'll get dyno numbers

9.0:1 CR with engle k5054, performer, ported manifolds and mildly ported heads ..... GM TBI married to a T18 in a CJ7 with 35's and 4.56 gears....... HP makes heat ya know.

I look forward to your final results and hope you get the back burner fired back up. I would have ground to a halt to. I saw your posting of the vette when you bought it. nice clean CA rig
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

OK,

So I just got a PM about my project and it got me somewhat motivated again to un-bury it from the stack of crap piled up on it in my garage.

So here is an update:

Body man crapped out on me a while back but he did finish the doors, tailgate, and fenders through primer - and I finished making the mods to the front valence for the rhino grill and headlights. Drug all the stuff home to the barn a couple of weeks ago only to have the weather go sour on me.

The engine is done and mounted onto the restored chassis with the tranny. Chassis has been stripped and coated with POR15 and has the new 4" springs and shocks. I have all new body mounts, disck brake conversion parts, Power Lock diff for the rear and new gears, floor shifter, blah blah blah.

Basically one big pile of dusty cash that needs renewed enthusiasm.

So you guys need to help me get motivated again.

I basically need to get the main body up to snuff and start assembling for final paint. Ugh!

Geez, it has been a while since I messed with all of this Jeep stuff.

I'm currently finishing up a Mercruiser SBC 383 for my 23' Mako CC boat and really need to pull the 427 tri-power outa my vette for rework before it blows up - it is 42 years old after all! (That is really next on my list for engine work).

So I'm thinking i'll get back on the jeep in early spring.

So keep me in the loop!