Bulltear Ad

Thread: Intake EGR and Carb questions

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

Intake EGR and Carb questions

Here's the situation. I have a fully stock running 304 installed in my Jeep and a 360 in pieces on the floor with unknown history to be built. The stock carb on the 304 is shot and needs to be replaced. I am thinking on buying an Edelbrock Performer 2131 intake and a Holly truck avenger 670 carb for the 304 and swap it to the 360 when that time comes. Anything wrong with that logic? Also the performers come in EGR and non-EGR versions. Since I am in a state with no smog police or even testing, and my stock EGR is disconnected, is there any reason to get the EGR version? Is the Holly too much carb for the 304? I'd hate to buy the smaller 470 and have to sell it/buy the 670 when the 360 gets installed.

Thoughts?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I think your plan is fine. The non-EGR is good if you don't have to pass smog. You can' really "over carb" with the Holley since it's a vacuum secondary, and will only draw the air it needs.

I ran a vacuum 600 on both a 304 and 360 with only minor jet changes. The 670 should be OK.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford