Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
304 Overheating problem
Bulltear Ad

Thread: 304 Overheating problem

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

304 Overheating problem

I recently installed on new edelbrock performer intake with a edelbrock thunder avs 4 barrel carb with a new fuel pump and fuel lines on my 304. After that I found that the engine was running hotter, which was expected from the increase in HP. After running it in north FL where it gets pretty hot I realized that the stock radiator and fan wouldn't cut it so I installed a new aluminum 3 core radiator with electric fan and shroud, thinking that this would solve my problems. Well I drove it today when it was 95 degrees outside and it overheated pretty quick. The new radiator didn't seem to help at all. I don't think its the thermostat as the water hose felt real hot to touch. I know I have some oil leaks from the timing cover and I know I still have the oil filter bypass installed (I plan on upgrading to the oil filter relocation kit). Could it be an oil problem of maybe my water pump?

It just seems weird because I never had any overheating issues before I did the intake and carb upgrade.

Thanks for any help!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Without having the motor here I would say your running too lean or your timing is off. You may also have a bad water pump.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689