Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
puttinga 383 stroker and a 350 trans in my 75 cj5 any help!

Thread: puttinga 383 stroker and a 350 trans in my 75 cj5 any help!

puttinga 383 stroker and a 350 trans in my 75 cj5 any help!

does anyone know how hard it would be to put a 383 and a 350 trans in my cj5. it currently has a 304 with a t15 in it . the trany is toast. i can get the motor and tranny for 400$. the stroker is already built and i can get a chevy transfer case for it for free.is it cheaper than a tranny rebuild? i will not sell the jeep so i have to do something!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Scott, its not a bad swap fit and work wise (wlthoug i am partial to AMC). You will need new motor mounts-radiator-some wiring ends-tranny to T-case adaptor and new driveshafts (if you have all the motor parts) Its a old swap and their are lots of mfgs making parts for that swap. do a little web research and you will find all the details.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

The best thing that happened to a Jeep is a Chevy powerplant!

!#$%!%@&#$^@#^$*!#&@$%&$^&!#*@$&@$^&@$%&!#&@$^@$& !#&!##!%&!#&!#$%^#&#, !#$^!#^!#$%&!#%&@$$^@!$^&!#%&!#$^$@^!$#&%^%*#$&!#$ &%@$&!$&!#$^!#@%&@$&#@$^*&$^(*#@#*&#%$*^@^!!@^$#%O I%#@$%(*&#^@!*&$@&#*&

What chu talking about willis'
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    It really is an easy swap, but if you are running any kind of lift, you can almost bet you are gonna have a TINY rear driveshaft. I was tinking with this guys CJ who had a 350/350 combo with a dana 20 tcase and his rear driveshaft was like a foot long. He was running a 3" lift and had BAD vibes. You add in a CV joint and you have almost no room for travel on your driveshaft. Just thought I would point this out. IF you are keeping it stock height, go for it and give MC a run for his money on the drag strip!
    Jack

chech out high angle driveline, you can get away with a 7" driveshaft at extreme angles
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atransman
    The best thing that happened to a Jeep is a Chevy powerplant!

Not a big deal for a Swap M.o.r.e sells bolt in bomb proof motor mounts. Id run a stick over an auto, probably an SM420 with the Dana 20 adapter pretty short setup. Radiators are easy. Like MC said a little wiring. personally I would keep it Heep but whatever the price is right, enjoy the fab time.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377