Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New Speedometer Cluster

Thread: New Speedometer Cluster

New Speedometer Cluster

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone out there could figure this one out.

I recently installed a new speedometer cluster from Omix-Ada. The gas gauge appears to be working fine, but the temperature gauge steadily climbs to just under the H within about 40 seconds after running the motor.

I ohmed out the temperature sensor and it's right on the money according to the gauge diagnostic articles on the web.

I thought maybe the engine was overheating, but I installed a temporary mechanical temperature gauge and all seems well.

I ordered a new speedometer cluster thinking the first cluster was bad and the new one does exactly the same thing.

I have actually isolated the entire cluster with direct wiring from the sensor, battery and 3 different grounds.

What's up?

I just re-did the entire dash to make it look stock and I really don't want to start sticking other gauges to it.

Could Omix-Ada have miscalculated when designing that gauge? Anyone else using one of these clusters?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    you mean could the chinese actually have screwed that up....I am willing to bet you may have a bad cluster
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I had problems with mine also. I ended up burning up the gauge for fuel. So I ordered new fuel and temp gauges from 4WD and put them in instead. Plus now my gauges move the proper way.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps