Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
tranny trans info needed

Thread: tranny trans info needed

tranny trans info needed

I have a 1972 commmando with a i6 and three speed . i want to put my 77 cherokee axles under it and the 360 also. my question is what manual tranny and transfer case do i need to be able to keep this a manual instead of going to an auto .
    Ernest Littlewolf Hotchkiss

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Do you know what tranny your currently have? or Transfer case

If the Transfer case is a Dana 20 or dana 18, they You could get a t-18 and put it in there . If it is a dana 300 you could get a t-176, or t-177. Pretty much any manual tranny prior to 86 in CJ's and prior to 1980 in SJ's should work.

You will also need a 360 flywheel for the motor.

I am not to sure what Commandos come stock with, but you definatly have options

and pretty much any descent tranny has an adapter available so you could put a dana 300 t-case on it, and have the passenger side drop axle in the front, center rear
    -Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Not sure what is in it , or how to identify it. any ideals on how to tell what they are .
    Ernest Littlewolf Hotchkiss

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    http://www.jeeptech.com/wiki/index.php/Main

Try this page, it will help you identify whatcha brung to run!!

Jack

Paul, you're book tells you what it is. In a 72 Command with the 6cyl, it was a T-14 3spd. All Jeepster/Commandos came with the Dana 20 transfer case. A T-15 3 spd was offered behind the 304ci V-8. The transfer case will hold up well behind a V-8.

There was also a close-ratio T-18 available.

Axles ratios were 3.73s and 4.27s, with the 3.73s being more common.

HTH

Erik