Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
So I am finally moving from the beach....

Thread: So I am finally moving from the beach....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

So I am finally moving from the beach....

But I am moving to Atlanta (Norcross) - and there is pleeeenty of trouble to get into there!! I am not sure how many of you know what all is going on, so I'll start from the beginning. My hotel has been for sale for around 6 months or so now, and we finally have a buyer. It was supposed to be another company, but backed out at the last minute. The new buyer? Funny part was it is my current General Manager. That is where the dilemma laid - stay with him here with his new company (buying several hotels in the area) or stay with the company I already work for ( www.dowhotelco.com ) currently. Well, I don't really like this area too much (although I will miss many great friends that I have made!), so I decided to stay with the company.

Well, I received a call from the president of the company last week and he asked if I would want to go to Atlanta and work there in the same position that I have here. The good part is that if I do well, I will be working towards an operations manager position. Basically that means that instead of just being over front desk, housekeeping, engineering, I would be over the food and beverage departments as well - restaurant, bar, banquets, etc. Woo-hoo! An even better part is the raise and the fact that I will only be over two departments there, as opposed to three here. More money and less responsibility??? Hmmm - OK!!

Now here is the catch 22. The property I would be going to is up for sale as well. The good thing is that the management company that I work for currently has the highest bid on it (they currently just run it for some other owners who aren't interested in operating it), so if it goes through, I will be a resident of Atlanta. The downside? If they do not buy it I will probably be in Anaheim, CA. Well, that's not all bad, but it is reeeeaaally far away!

Anywho, in the mean time, all of my stuff stays at my house in Virginia Beach and I live in the hotel for a couple months in Georgia. Oh, and I talked with the President Wednesday (he was at the hotel to help with the sell) and he said that I might be on a task force assignment in the middle of June. Hmm, wonder where that temporary assignment is going to be? Anywho, things are happening really fast right now, so I will try and keep everyone updated as often as possible!

So when do I move? The hotel here sells on the 26th, and I start at the new property on the 1st of June, so I need to start packing! Anywho, my cell phone number and email address are still the same, so you guys know how to reach me!!

Sincerely,
    Captain Professional

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Jack........dangit, say good bye to all the bikini's =D>
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Well good luck with everything!!!

the downside to atlanta, no scantily clad women.
    the upside to socal ,lots of scantily clad women, lots of desert to play
    in, 1200 miles of coastline. mountains to play in, great weather.
    ok so i'm kinda partial to my neck of the woods.oh yea i forgot a few things, the river(colorado river for those not familiar) las vegas nv.
    skiing allover cal. just think you can hang out with us desert rats
    cheapjeep, wolfe man and me.
    later, rollen
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Yeah, I guess I would rather just find out where I am going to live! Anyway I look at it - it is going to be fun. I have been getting the low down on Hotlanta, and boy am I going to have fun! I would at the very least head out west and see what's going on on that side of the country!!

And for no apperent reason.....
    http://ben.loaded.net/vids/GeneralLee.mpeg

Jack

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

once you enjoy all of the thing the southwest has to offer you may not
    want hotlanta
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot