Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil pickup
Bulltear Ad

Thread: oil pickup

oil pickup

My buddy is rebuilding his 360 and needs to know how much clearance he needs between the oil pick up and the pan. We threaded it all the way in and it is bearly touching the pan. With gaskets it might have a 16th clearnce its hard to say but it seems to close to me. Lowering it seems easy we just have to trim the end but realy nothing has changed this is his origonal pick up and oil pan. Should we mess with it or not. His computer is not working that is why I am asking for him.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Thats very close to the pan. If it doesnt have a plastic spacer button I weld on a little tab to keep it from sucking the bottom of the pan up...that depends on the pan your using
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    From the factory, there was a nylon button in the small hole on the bottom of the pickup. You don't want it too close, as the suction can actually pull it to the bottom of the pan, and cause oil starvation. You can get the replacement buttons from a Jeep dealer for about $2, or I've heard of guys brazing a 1/4" nut to the bottom of the pickup. Just make sure there's something there to keep it off the bottom of the pan. Too little clearance is much worse than too much.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

There was nothing on the botom of the pickup I will check into that nylon button. If I cant find one I will braze a nut to it thanks alot guys.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    at the dealer
    J316 7541 = spacer
    group 09C
    figure 9C-800

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Humm, when I took apart my 401 it didnt have this plastic button on the pickup. The old one was kinda cruddy looking and had some crud in the screen, so I bought a new one, and it doesnt have the plastic button either. I will have to look into this a little more, I have two parts 360's, I will see if either one of them have a good one on it.
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels