Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
if you had around $2000 to spend on parts for a rebuild....
Bulltear Ad

Thread: if you had around $2000 to spend on parts for a rebuild....

if you had around $2000 to spend on parts for a rebuild....

If I had around $2,000 to spend on parts rebuilding a 360 what could I get out of it in the HP/TQ dept.? What would you use? I am not worried about labor cost at this point, just parts cost. It's mainly a rockcrawling rig however some entry level drag racing/desert running would be done here and there so I want it to be good down low but still decent up top. Lastly, if I was looking to reliably get 400 lb/ft of torque at the rear wheels, how much money am I looking at assuming I would be starting with a completely stock 360?

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Depending on what your machine work and parts cost, that will get you a stock rebuild, maybe slightly more.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Yep, thats about what I got in mine. And its just barely over a stock rebuild.

http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4216 If you want to read about mine.
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels

I am talking no machine work figured into it or labor...I am talking strictly parts.

I would warm up the compression, get some porting done and talk to MC about getting the oil system up to par with what you need to do.
    Tumble weed
    -Briteblock

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Rockcandy welcome aboard

First I would look at what you want this engine to do and post up some tire size, tranny gear ratios and axle ratios.

If you looking for a mild midrange monster I would look to a better intake and exhaust. One of the first things that should be done is to take and get a performer intake or air gap depending onthe RPM range you loking at...now the engine will breathe right with the proper carb and but the exhaust must be dealt with, like any engine when you increase the amount of aspiration going in you must increase the exhaust flow going out to maximize the advantage. Edelbrock Ti-tech or ceramic shorties will do the job quite well! I would also look at a quality cam and quality lifters. ..alot of the problems with cam destruction cam be blamed ont he lifters which need to be 10 points higher on the rockwell scale or your eating cam lobes....more tech in another post on that one. You can also run edelbrock heads which will allow a point of increased compression without having to upgrade to a higher octane due to the heat dissipation. I would probly need a little more info to help you come up with part numbers
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689