Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
edelbrock heads side by side with 502's - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: edelbrock heads side by side with 502's

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Edelbrock calls out a felpro part number I believe it is a std head gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Edelbrock calls out a felpro part number I believe it is a std head gasket.
    Thats intersting and I am sure that the standard felpro would be fine, athough I have heard rumors that felpro is developing a high performance upgrade gasket for AMC.
    I have built a turbo motor before, and felpro was used successfully with over 20lbs of non-intercooled boost, but from what I have read about the specs of the AMC ROL Ht gasket they might be better with an aluminum head? For the turbo motor I built there was a felpro upgrade head gasket available and it had the same features as the ROL HT.
    My thinking is the ROL might be better suited for the occasional blast of Nitrous, might be better insurance over the standard felpro, but then again I would rather blow a head gasket then hole a piston

Edelbrock recommends that you use the FelPro 8266PTI gasket and the standard AMC torque spec.

Edelbrock heads

Quote Originally Posted by ol' school power
    Edelbrock recommends that you use the FelPro 8266PTI gasket and the standard AMC torque spec.
    I like that, though I read somewhere that it was only 65 Ft Lbs. and that made me a bit uncomfortable

Nope, standard torque.
    Just be sure to use hardened washers beneath the bolt heads.

Is it possible the port is small to fit early square ex manifolds? I am putting a set on an early 390 and the catalog doesnt mention having to change to dog leg. dont have a gasket to check or the manifold off car but i will try to see. let u guys know , thanks gary
    GARY 68 390 AMX, AUTO, GO PAK

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    you will be changing to dog leg exhaust ports which will require diff headers.

all the Edelbrock aluminium heads use the AMC 70-later dog leg exhaust design
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

I was just about sure of that, thank you for the info... gary
    GARY 68 390 AMX, AUTO, GO PAK