Thread: are all amc v8 pilot bushings the same????????

are all amc v8 pilot bushings the same????????

what i have is a 1975 cj5 with a 304 and a t18 dana 20 combo, i pulled the tranny out of it and want to install in my wrangler which has a fresh amc 401 in it, now when i go to buy a new clutch kit and bushings can i say 401 or 304 are they different in size as far as fitting in the crank, i know the input shaft sizes vary from different trannies!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: are all amc v8 pilot bushings the same????????

Quote Originally Posted by skyhookdutch
    what i have is a 1975 cj5 with a 304 and a t18 dana 20 combo, i pulled the tranny out of it and want to install in my wrangler which has a fresh amc 401 in it, now when i go to buy a new clutch kit and bushings can i say 401 or 304 are they different in size as far as fitting in the crank, i know the input shaft sizes vary from different trannies!
    Nope - what year 304 and 401?
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/collinsb...busorbear.html
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

pilot bearing/bushing

the cj5 is a 1975 but hey what are the chances the motor is a 1975, my 401 was from a 1975 cheif.