Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
back window lift, help!!

Thread: back window lift, help!!

back window lift, help!!

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else out there has problems with their power window not working on the tailgate. I jumped out my motor and the window operates but it won't work from the switch, any ideas??

Jack
    88 Grand Wagoneer

I'm not sure about the waggys, but on my fullsize bronco the keyed switch in the tailgate would get moisture inside it and corrode internally, and cause neither it or the dash mounted switch to function. because the dash switch was wired through the tailgate switch and then to the motor. but like I said, I don't have a clue if the waggys are set up the same way or not.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Pretty common for the keyed paddle switch to wear out. Go to www.ifsja.org and look for a tech article written by Michael Baxter. Good trouble shooting write up.

I have fixed at least three with this problem. Was always the hard to get to switch.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Here's an update on my problem, it is no longer a problem. Yes, it was the tailgate switch. I had another tailgate and swapped the switch. Now my question is..... where do I buy a new switch from?

Thanks for all the advice, Jack

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW