Bulltear Ad

Thread: Edelbrock Heads - which spark-plugs?

Helpfull BT forum member Captain

Edelbrock Heads - which spark-plugs?

Hi,

To anyone that has installed the Edlebrock Heads...which type/brand of sparkplugs did you use?

Thanks for your help.
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8 - Edelbrock EFI & Heads
    1995 YJ Sahara

edelbrock recomends a 3/4"reach plug,such as champion RC-12YC.i am running autolite #3924.and in the january carcraft magazine they built a nice 360 with the edelbrock heads they are running ngk R5671A-9.

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Hey....I was into gokart racing for a while, and you can buy a sparkplug-washer pyrometer to keep yourself posted on how hot it's getting there.

If the heads use tapered-seat plugs, that idea is over.

Also, if you are using an MSD type spark box, the old art of reading spark plugs changes a bunch. Then, as far as I know, you are looking for little purple balls, or little balls of aluminum, showing up on the plug. That would be a small portion of that cylinder's piston. I think you need to first determine which cylinder always runs the hottest and watch that one's plug. I want to buy a pistol-style pyrometer to point at the headers to see which tube is hottest. In the cycle repair world, we spary contact cleaner on the pipes to see that it evaps at the same rate, a slow one is misfiring or rich. They also make temperature pens or sticks that welders use to insure that they have used enough current to penetrate the metal. Ask the moderators about that one, they are fabricating geniuses.....Dave
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24