Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What to buy....?

Thread: What to buy....?

What to buy....?

I need a DD but I'm currently unemployed and start welding school on Monday.

1. complete drivetrain for jeep, amc 360, 4 spd std, 208 -
    rom a 81 J10. Engine is currently on propane, still in truck (with broken axles), can be heard running. everything in great shape. had good power and cheap to run. $300 obo for everything
    the truck runs great, we would just have to boost it. the rear axle - amc 20 - the yoke broke, and on the front end, one of the axle shafts broke. the truck is on 4" susp and 3" body, and come with everything except the : front susp, front steering, and front drive shaft. oh yeah, the body is in really good shape for the year. if you wanted everything, the price would go up.
    2. 69 j3000, need brake work, tune-up, very minor body work -
    Don't have a price yet.

3. 1980 J20 $1450

4. J20 with a straight solid body and a rebuilt 360.

That's all the info I have on them right now.

I need to be cheap on this buy because I don't have verry much $$$. I would love #3 for a work truck.

Uff da! #3 looks sweet in the pic! I have an '84 J10 (currently holding a '93 4.0L and AW4 from a '93 Grand Cherokee in place of the 258 and 727. Still awaiting all the EFI harness, brake hydroboost mounted plus other stuff and time to work on it)
    I also have a '73 J4000 that pinch hit as a daily driver (250 miles a day) with a 304 TH400/QT with PT/OD D44 front (being swapped for a matching one from a J20) and D60 rear (from the J20) with 3.73 gears and 33" tires. That is until I got my '87 Comanche up and running. Now I don't drive so far (12 miles, but it takes me almost as long to get there in Seattle traffic!)
    Umm... I forget what my point was? oh yah! Be prepared for fuel costs! (The J4000 gets almost 18 mpg highway loaded and is about to become a flatdeck tow truck)