Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Will a 360 bored .060" over run hot??
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Will a 360 bored .060" over run hot??

Will a 360 bored .060" over run hot??

I have ended up with 2 360's now. My mechanic tore apart the first one (1977 with factory 4bbl)and it has already been rebuilt once. Pistons are .030" over and are in good shape but the cylinders need honing/rings at minimum (1 rusty cylinder). He is asking me if it is necessary to bore it again, do I want to go through with it. He had a 350 chevy in his nova that was .060" over and it always ran hot. I know they are completely different animals, but would the same concerns apply? I see fastengineparts has a rebuild kit that is .040" also, so I wouldn't necessarily have to go the full .060" over.

My other 360 (1990 with 2bbl) has 125,000 miles and was running when pulled a few weeks ago. I don't think this one has been overhauled. I was going to just drop it in and run it, but I hate to put an old grungy motor in my fresh restoration. So if I'm going to rebuild one of them I may want to do this one .030" over instead.

Any suggestions or recommendations from the motor gurus?
    1978 CJ7/ Rebuilt 360/ Rebuilt T-150 and Dana 20/ 31" ProComp Mud Terrains/ All Fiberglass/ Everything sandblasted and repainted/ Nearly Done!!

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    have him ck the cyl. and see if .040 will work before going to .060 over

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Will a .060" over 360 run hot? Depends more on the condition and quality of the cooling system than the overbore. Check the .040" over possibility mentioned above first. That will make it possible to continue to use that block in the future.

I am going with the Taurus electric fan (high/low/man override), so air flow should not be an issue. The radiator is 1 year old and the motor will get a new water pump. Was just wondering if cylinder wall thickness would become an issue.

Speaking of which, does everyone run a FlowKooler water pump or just a $30 stock replacement? Also, how can tell if I have a 2-core or 3-core rad? (I know it's the newbie question, but I couldn't find any info on it)
    1978 CJ7/ Rebuilt 360/ Rebuilt T-150 and Dana 20/ 31" ProComp Mud Terrains/ All Fiberglass/ Everything sandblasted and repainted/ Nearly Done!!

along with those run a aluminium radiator (cross flow ) - they are now available from 3 sources for the AMC (dont know if Bulltear sells them)

- Summit
    - ZMJeeps (Zack Hiesey's company)
    - BJ's offroad

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    My 360 is .060 over and I have no heating issues, But I would agree that the heating has more to do with condition/capacity of cooling system.. Mine is in a J-10 with a 3 core 6cyl Radiator (was originally a 6cyl truck).
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.