Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Wheel carnage..this ever happen to you?

Thread: Wheel carnage..this ever happen to you?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

Wheel carnage..this ever happen to you?

story

Four weeks ago, I wrecked the new RockIt BAD...during one of those "Watch This!" moments, I found out why I'm not supposed to wheel on the rims my sponsors told me wouldn't hold up to the abuse. In short, I had a wheel let go at the very top of a LONG and STEEP hill.

When that wheel let go, I was already full throttle in reverse trying to save a big roll. The knuckle, now without a wheel dug in DEEP and the crawler spun and then tumbled, three times over, in a diagonal endo that hurt the RockIt bad.
    I wasn't hurt, even a little, and I thank my MasterCraft 3G seat for that for sure...

After getting a new wheel from camp, we lifted the rig off the ground and started putting things back together...a little duct tape on the body, a new wheel, and it looks like we're ready to go...but wait, the wheels are towed out?

WOW...look at that. I had never even considered my high steer arms, they must have broken. Ever since I put the Crane stuff on, I haven't had to mess with the high steer arms and bolts in two years of abuse...before the Cranes, I had to mess with them EVERY event. Walking around the front, I found something that surprised me...the high steer bolts were FINE! No damage to the bolts and no damage to the knuckles, the high steer arms themselves had bent. 1 1/8" thick and 2" wide, solid steel high steer arms, and they bent WITHOUT any damage to the bolts or knuckles!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Video?
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    What brand wheels were they? Look kind of like the Eagle 591s that TrailReady used to build my beadlocks.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Glad your okay MC... nope never seen that happen or even heard... any more pics??? or video???
    Frank Drose

80 CJ5 on tons and propane.
    93 YJ
    49 cj3A welded rear and 31's
    55 & 57 willy's pickup one day build
    75 scout 304, auto

http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=MCfrom