Thread: Useless Knowlage

Useless Knowlage

In my bordum out here I watch movies, lots of movies. New old, doesn't matter. I was watching Raw Deal, an 80's Arnold movie that starts out with a chase between a CJ-7 and a motorcycle! Not to bad a chase scene I might add. Then today I started to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and at the begining when they are still driving the Maverick, I see none other than a two seat AMX drive by in the background! I paused it and tryed to see if I could make out the year but it was too blurry. Thought I'd let you guys know so you can watch for them if you ever see the movies.

BTW..... I only have 4 months left out here on this turd of a base!!!!!
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Re: Useless Knowlage

Quote Originally Posted by amckid6970
    Must be like waiting to get out of jail, so I hear.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Useless Knowlage

Quote Originally Posted by amckid6970
    Hang in there bro ... it DOES come to an end eventually!!

Been there done that, wore out the T-shirts
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    i say we get as many of us togeather as we can and have one big azz party when you get back
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Sounds like a plan to me! We should probably do it when I come up there to visit though. I've got a ton of things to take care of before i do anything really. I'm not even taking leave when I get back. I'll only have a little more than a month left before I get out and I have a bunch of parts and an engineless Cherokee I have to do something with. It's a fact I'll be up that way next summer though. The only thing that might stop me is if my truck broke down and that won't happen. So I'll see you guys next summer.

BTW... I posted better pictures of the 70 Jav on my Car Domain page if you want to take a peek.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

When I left Vietnam I had less than 150 days left and I got out I was drafted 2 yrs active I put month and 2 days in. no reserves. got out sept 19 , 1969 14 months in country Vietnam .

Jerry

That's a long time away from home in a place you don't want to be in! When I leave here it'll be right around 12 months. I did 13 months in Japan, but that was just a duty station and I only remember part of the 13 because I was drunk for most of the tour.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    just make sure you come out in one piece and on a C-17 !!!!
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962