Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Installation of Bulltear Alternator Bracket, need Pictures!!

Thread: Installation of Bulltear Alternator Bracket, need Pictures!!

Installation of Bulltear Alternator Bracket, need Pictures!!

I just purchased the Bulltear Alternator Bracket and cant find pictures on how to install it. It didnt come with instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Installation of Bulltear Alternator Bracket, need Pictur

Quote Originally Posted by cybergenie93
    I just purchased the Bulltear Alternator Bracket and cant find pictures on how to install it. It didnt come with instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi Geni!!

We have a short install over at http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewt...ht=alt+bracket. The 'C' looking bracket straddles the #2 intake runner and uses longer bolts to hold the intake to the head, The ALT bolt sticks out front for the curved ALT adjustment arm and provides adjustment in/out to align the pullies. As you look at the pic in the other thread, I didn't get the lower stand off so I made my own. Your on your own to figure that one out
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thanks Mudrat,

I figured out the intake part from the picture, but I wish I had one for the adjustment bracket. I cant believe the bracket has been out three years without a picture or instructions.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by cybergenie93
    Thanks Mudrat,

I figured out the intake part from the picture, but I wish I had one for the adjustment bracket. I cant believe the bracket has been out three years without a picture or instructions.
    ?? Adjustment bracket?? Which one are you needing, the lower 'Stand off"? (lower right in the pic)

The 'C' bracket bolt on top, screws in and out and has a stop nut on the back to align the belts by moving the curved bracket in and out.

I'm told the lower stand off that goes between the ALT itself and the block has the same type set up.

I heated and bent a piece of 1/4" plate I formed as a brace for the 3/8 all-thread standoff.

So basically I have a 3-point mount for the ALT to handle torque and tension.

If you can be more specific on your question I might be able to help.

Yeah - instructions would be great ....
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    With two points it handles the torque throughout the rpm range. I think what Mud was experiencing was flex from the threaded rod. When you use the lower spacer that is provided it has more surface contact and in conjunction with the grade 10 stud used for the top it take a 5 foot pry bar to move that alternator when its tight.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689