Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Amc 401 heads (single rocker, not bridged)

  1. #1
    Bulltear forum member Cook
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Amc 401 heads (single rocker, not bridged)

    I am looking for a pair of heads for my 401 rebuild. I have a set of bridged-rocker heads , but I would really like to use a pair of the individual-rocker style heads. They do not have to be "291c" heads, just a pair with the single rockers.

    Please let me know if you have a pair that you want to sell. I am in Cypress, Texas 77429 and I don't mind paying for shipping.



  2. #2
    Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Watkins, CO
    090 or 993 are the casting numbers you're looking for. They were used on both 360s and 401s from late 71 thru 73.

    You can modify your bridged heads by having the rocker bosses milled about .375", having the holes drilled/tapped to 7/16". You have to use guide plates and hardened pushrods. Harland-Sharp makes a set of roller rockers that bolt on bridged heads without machining. Either way, cost is about the same.

    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

    If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Bulltear Ad