Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
engine timing
Bulltear Ad

Thread: engine timing

engine timing

I HAVE A 401 0.30 VENIOLA FLAT TOP PISTONS,COMP 280 MAGNUM CAM,
    319 HEADS,DUI HEI DISTRIBTOR,EDELBROCK AIR GAP AND 800 PERFORMER CARB,WHAT SHOULD I SET THE TIMING AT 10 DEGREES?

MARK

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Hey Mark,
    Let me know what you think of the DUI. As for the timing, sorry, I am not much help there, I just use the simple Edelbrock cam and timing chain setup - it's already marked.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Hey Mark,
    Let me know what you think of the DUI. As for the timing, sorry, I am not much help there, I just use the simple Edelbrock cam and timing chain setup - it's already marked.
    Jack
    JACK,
    I HAVE A DUI HEI DISTRIBOTOR IT WORKS GREAT,
    I ALSO HAVE A PROFORM HEI I PURCHASED OFF OF EBAY IT WORKS GREAT TO, BOTH ARE ONE WIRE HOOKUP.

I WAS TRYING TO TO FIND SOMEONE WITH A 401 BUILT CLOSE TO MINE TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE SETTING THERE TIMING WHERE IT RUNS THE BEST.

MARK

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by MADMAX401
    JACK,
    I HAVE A DUI HEI DISTRIBOTOR IT WORKS GREAT,
    I ALSO HAVE A PROFORM HEI I PURCHASED OFF OF EBAY IT WORKS GREAT TO, BOTH ARE ONE WIRE HOOKUP.

I WAS TRYING TO TO FIND SOMEONE WITH A 401 BUILT CLOSE TO MINE TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE SETTING THERE TIMING WHERE IT RUNS THE BEST.

MARK
    Hehehehehe cut off 2 cyl, line'm up and set it at 12 degrees

I've got the I-6 with HEI and I finnally got mine going at +8 TDC and tweaked to about 12. For the V-8's don't have one yet, but I'll keep watching to see what you wind up with.

pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE